Details: Capitol ST 1828, stereo, black label with rainbow perimeter, logo above hole, 1960s
Condition: Vinyl VG+ (very clean!), Jacket G (spine is completely split, top and bottom are splitting)
Out of Print and Not Available as CD.
From the All Music Guide:
This fine album was one of many solid Capitol releases Nancy Wilson cut during the first half of the '60s. Having already visited Tinseltown's back catalog on Hollywood My Way, Wilson now turns to the wealth of Broadway songs for this 1964 offering. Along with material from familiar shows like Bye Bye Birdie "A Lot of Livin' to Do"), The King and I ("Getting to Know You"), and West Side Story ("Tonight"), Wilson also dives into stock from such relatively obscure stage excursions as Lady in the Dark ("My Ship") and No Strings ("Loads of Love"). All the performances are top-notch and feature the stellar charts of Jimmy Jones and a memorable cast that includes pianist Lou Levy, guitarist Bill Perkins, and trumpeter Dan Fagerquist, among others.
The tracks are:
1. I Lot of Livin' To Do (from Bye Bye Birdie)
2. You Can Have Him (from Miss Liberty)
3. Tonight (from West Side Story)
4. Make Someone Happy (from Do-Re-Mi)
5. I Believe in You (from How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying)
6. As Long as He Needs Me (from OLIVER!)
7. Getting to Know You (from The King and I)
8. My Ship (from Lady In the Dark)
9. The Sweetest Sounds (From No Strings)
10. Joey, Joey, Joey (from The Most Happy Fella)
11. Loads of Love (from No Strings)
12. I'll Know (from Guys and Dolls)
PLEASE NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all of the LPs we are offering are used. Our grading system for each LP is strictly visual, as we don't have time to listen to each record from beginning to end. Unless otherwise stated, there is usually a small price sticker affixed somewhere on the back cover.
Return to Jazz Vinyl Main Page